Tea

Tea tempers the spirits and harmonizes the mind, dispels lassitude and relieves fatigue, awakens thought and prevents drowsiness, lightens or refreshes the body, and clears the perceptive faculties.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A conversation on dress

Today I would just like to share my opinion on the subject of dress. This is just my own personal thoughts, of course, and many won't agree with them I'm sure, but that's expected. As a mother, it's quite grueling going into a department store with your daughters to find decent clothing, only to find fragments of cloth on hangers  that wouldn't cover hardly anything. Then, to pass other moms who are happily purchasing these items whilst wearing similar clothing themselves!! 
 Firstly, I don't and never will agree with the phrase "if you've got it, flaunt it!". To me, it's not always clear what "it" is, because what's attractive to some, may not be to others, and in that sense, let's just assume that it's best to just keep "it" hidden and we'll all be on the safe side! That's not the purpose of dress anyway.
 Seriously though...I do understand that silly phrase, but I think in our society, filled with pedophiles, rapists, and so on, we should keep a modest wardrobe for our daughters and... OURSELVES ladies...and fathers if you're reading! I mean, even if the streets weren't filled with such grotesque, perverted people...we should still have more decency and morals about ourselves, and consider hormonal teenage boys and onlooking men! I do realize most people DO consider these things, and that's their whole intent, is to attract the opposite sex...but why do it that way? Really! 
 The sad thing is, most people don't think anything of it. 
 I am not a summer person, not only because of the wicked heat and humidity, bugs, high electric bills from running fans and A/C non-stop, longer days and shorter nights, just to name a few! LOL,  BUT...I can't leave the house without having to be exposed to half naked people everywhere. It's quite disgusting to have to see what some people consider to be clothing out there. Honestly, it's hot, but you don't have to expose yourselves in that way to keep cool. 
 I don't like my young girls or my son to be exposed to this every time we go out somewhere. It just makes every outing awkward. I understand, adults can make their own choices about what to wear and unfortunately, they don't choose well, but PARENTS! COME ON! Let your children be innocent children while they can. Let little girls be little girls. Feminine and lady like. Mothers and fathers, teach your children by way of example in your own daily attire. Modesty isn't a bad thing. Leaves something to the imagination. 
 It's very distasteful to dress that way. I have better luck finding cute clothes for my girls at yard sales, really, than at any department store these days...It's a rare occasion to find something cute and decent anywhere. I suppose I'm just old-fashioned. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment