Today I am inspired to share with you my thoughts on what a "House of Belonging" is and what mine consists of. Then, I would love to hear all about yours. A "House of Belonging", simply put, is your dream home and everything that surrounds it, fills it up and where it's located. I recently discovered this title from a book I'm reading called "Moving On" by Sarah Ban Breathnach, though I have ALWAYS had a dream home in mind. I believe, as women especially, we all do. Thinking back even to when we were little girls, playing doll house, rearranging the furniture in each room just the way we liked it, or daydreaming about our "Fairy Tale" home and Prince Charming that would be ours once upon a time!
Perhaps you already have found your "House of Belonging" and if so, GOOD FOR YOU! But, for the rest of us out there that haven't, well, let us drink our coffee and dream a little together! ^_^
To begin, I will share with you some of my dreams....if you will..and I hope it inspires you to do the same. I love hearing from other people, and learning about other's desires and interests.
My "House of Belonging" is actually two different homes. I have a Japanese style home that I will share with you first. This home is your traditional "Japanese" style home. Very simplistic, all organically made, with very little furniture. If you don't know what a traditional Japanese home looks like, here's a short video that will show you what I'm referring to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVbbCGne7Nc&NR=1 In my garden, I would have lots of Japanese Cherry Blossoms, Japanese Red Maple, Plum, and other vegetation. Perhaps a Koi pond and a fountain or two. Benches to sit on in my garden to read and enjoy being out in nature.
My second "Home of Belonging" is an English Cottage located in the rural countryside of England. Surrounding my home would be lots of beautiful roses and trees. A garden bench beside a bird table. Ivy and other climbing plants growing up the house. A fireplace nestled inside, with lots of cozy seating. Victorian style lamps and furniture in some rooms. Here's a picture to show you what I'm referring to. So what's your "House of Belonging" look like? Share your pictures and ideas.
Enjoy! Looking forward to reading your responses.

My house of Belonging is a lot like both of yours....a traditional Japanese house surrounded by Sakura trees and maybe a coi pond...also a nice cottage in the UK with roses and fox gloves filled with cozy furniture. BUT, I have a third....hahaha I would also like a small house in Italy, maybe Venice? It would be filled with flower bouquets, fancy chocolates, red velvet furniture and painting from Monet. :) I love that style. It would be surrounded by fancy cafes and such. ^^
ReplyDelete